Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF)/ Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP)
Normandale offers two credentials in facilitating career development. These certificate programs provide the required training for national credentialing as a GCDF or a CCSP. Professionals with these credentials work in education, workforce development, non-profit, government and community agencies, as well as in consulting and private practice.
The training is designed to be highly interactive and paced for working adults. Learners will complete online training and will meet several times throughout the course, as a cohort via Zoom. Online content can be accessed anytime, at the learner's convenience. Zoom class dates are meant to provide opportunities for collaboration and for participants to develop their skills and refine their core competencies.
How to get started
The Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) and the Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP) designates individuals who have met the requirements set forth by the National Career Development Association and the Center for Credentialing Education, Inc.
January 4 - April 4, 2024 (Online)
8:30am - 4:00 pm
on January 12, February 2, March 1, and March 29
Students must purchase a textbook in order to complete the course. The textbook for this course is:
- Facilitating Career Development, Student Manual, Revised 4th Edition - Students can choose either an ebook or a hardcopy book and can purchase the book here (It is okay to share or borrow the textbook from colleagues who have taken the course previously).
Please contact us at 952-358-8343 for more information about the GCDF/CCSP certificate.
- Training required for national certification eligibility
- Enhanced skills and knowledge you can apply immediately
- Instruction by a nationally certified and highly experienced instructor
- Opportunity to learn from peers in similar career development roles
- Labor market information and resources
- Assessment and assessment instruments
- Working effectively with diverse populations
- Ethical and legal issues
- Career development models
- Employability skills
- Training clients, peers and groups
- Program management and implementation
- Promotion and public relations
- Technology, computers, web sites
- Consultation skills
The GCDF Program is offered through a partnership of the National Career Development Association & the Center for Credentialing & Education, Inc.